OU's wired network features data connections at a transfer rate of 10/100 MBps in the following areas:
- Most residence hall rooms.
- University-owned apartments.
- Most public areas, such as the Oklahoma Memorial Union and Bizzell Library.
- Staff and faculty offices.
- Administrative office space.
- Many classrooms across campus.
Adding a New Port
OU IT can meet your specialized departmental needs with the following networking services:
- Install new network ports.
- Activate inactive network ports.
- Set-up custom network.
- Protect and analyze your network resources.
For assistance with OU IT network services, you may submit a request through the Service Catalog, or call (405) 325-4357 with your building and room location as well as your billing account for your request.
If you are experiencing connectivity issues with your OU wired internet connection, please feel free to contact the OU IT Helpdesk at 325-HELP (4357). Our technicians will walk you through some network troubleshooting to determine the cause of the issue and assist with resolving any potential network issues.