How do I setup my OU account?
- Check out this article about setting up your account.
How do I connect to OU's network?
- Take a look through our article on connecting to OU's network.
Should I connect to OUWIFI or OUGuest?
- Students should connect to OUWIFI NOT OUGuest. For security reasons, some of OU IT's services are not available via OUGuest.
What are the minimum system requirements?
- System requirements vary based on the College. Click here for more information.
Why isn't my wireless printer working with my computer?
- Due to OU's firewall settings, wireless printers will not work in student housing. Students should use a wired connection for any personal printers they bring to campus.
Should I use a personal router?
- No, routers are not currently supported by OU's wireless network and will cause network disruptions.
My computer is broken, is there a place on campus where I can get it fixed?
- Yes, OU IT has several service centers on campus.
Where is the nearest 24-hour computer lab?
- The labs that are located in Walker Tower Rm. 118 and in the Oklahoma Memorial Union Rm. 207 are available for use 24/7 and are accessible by using your Sooner OneCard at the door. We also have many other lab locations.
How do I check my printing balance and verify my print charges?
- Visit http://printcharges.ou.edu, and log in using your OUNetID (4+4) and password. Click Transaction History on the right to view further details - you can use the Show Filter option to expand the date range. Click here to find further information on print charges.
Why isn't my Apple Airplay or Roku connecting to OUWIFI?
- At the present time, OUWIFI does not support multicast networking. Click here for additional information.
Why isn't my Wii or PS3 connecting to OUWIFI?
- Legacy devices such as older Wiis and PS3s will not be able to connect to OUWifi due to their potential to slow down the connection speeds of other users. If an active wired network connection is present at the student's on campus residence, the user should attempt to connect their device via this wired connection with an Ethernet cable.
What is Canvas?
- The University of Oklahoma has adopted Canvas as our campus-wide learning management system. To learn more, check out canvas.ou.edu and see related AskIT FAQs.
I'm lost! Where is the building for my class?
- An interactive map of OU buildings is available at http://ou.edu/map. It allows you to search for buildings by name. Just click on the correct result, and you will be provided with the location and other details!