Users with computers running Windows Enterprise 8 who wish to upgrade to Windows 8.1 may do so by downloading the 8.1 Enterprise ISO.
- First install any available Critical Windows Updates. Backup any important files and plug in your power adapter if you are on a tablet or laptop. Save any open work and close out of any open programs.
- After burning this file to disk or copying the files to a bootable flash drive, the user may click on Setup to begin the installation process.
- Next click to download any available installer updates.
- After the updates download, click to agree to the license terms.
- A prompt should appear allowing the user to save their settings, personal files and apps. They can select to save these, or keep the personal files only. The "Nothing" option will delete all the files, including your apps, replacing the installation with Windows 8.1. The personal folder will be moved to the windows.old folder.
- If "Nothing" is selected, it is strongly recommended that your files be backed up to an external drive. Also locate any installation media or confirmation e-mails, as all your programs will need to be reinstalled.
- Once your selection is made, click Next. The program will then verify its ability to perform the upgrade on your system. If the installer approves the upgrade, it will display "Install".
- Your computer will now begin the upgrade process, you will no longer be able to access your desktop during this period. Your computer will also restart several times as the system updates. This process can take anywhere from 20-100 minutes to complete.
- Once the updates complete, select your settings configuration. You may use the Express settings or configure them manually and select the options you desire.
- Once that finishes, you will prompted to log back on to your account. After logging in, your computer will begin setting up your computer, including installing your apps.
- Finally once your computers logs you in, run Windows Updates to install any new Critical Updates for your system.
- To reinstall any missing Apps after the upgrade process:
- On the Start screen, tap or click the Store tile to open the Windows Store.
- Swipe down from the top edge of the screen or right-click, and then tap or click Your apps.
- Select all the apps you want to install, and then tap or click Install.
- Also note that you may need to re-login to any websites which had previously stored your login cookies. Some of your programs may also load using their first start up procedures.
If you need any additional assistance with the installation process, please call our help line at 325-HELP (4357).