- Open Windows Update by clicking the Settings Button. If you do not see the settings button make sure you are in desktop mode and then move your mouse into the bottom right hand corner of the screen. The toolbar containing the settings button should appear on the right hand side of the screen.
- From the Settings menu, click on Control Panel.
- From the Control Panel menu, Select Windows Updates.
- In the left pane, click Check for updates, and then wait while Windows looks for the latest updates for your computer.
- If you see a message telling you that important updates are available, or telling you to review important updates, click the message to view and select the important updates to install.
- In the list, click the important updates for more information. Select the check boxes for any updates that you want to install, and then clickOK.
- Click Install updates.
Read and accept the license terms, and then click Finish if the update requires it. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation