Print to any printer in an OU IT-maintained computer lab from your personal computer!
Web Print allows you to upload documents to print without installing extra software on your computer. Web Print supports the following file formats:
|Application / File Type||File Extension(s)|
|Microsoft Office Excel||xlam, xls, xlsb, xlsm, xlsx, xltm, xltx|
|Microsoft Office PowerPoint||pot, potm, potx, ppam, pps, ppsm, ppsx, ppt, pptm, pptx|
|Microsoft Office Word||doc, docm, docx, dot, dotm, dotx|
Currently, all web prints will be printed using the default settings (2-sided for B&W prints, 1-sided for color prints), although we are working on allowing you to choose. Web Prints are charged against your OU IT Print Charges account using these metrics.
web print instructions
1.Log in at printcharges.ou.edu (This webpage only opens in Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, or Safari web browsers). This will take you to the print charges home page.
2. Click web print in the left column. The Web Print page shows the current status of your Web Print jobs.
3. To submit a new print job, select Submit a Job just above the top-right corner of the Active Jobs table.
4. You should now be on the Printer Selection screen. To sort printers, click on the Location/Department column heading.
5. Once you find the printer you wish to use, click the corresponding radio button and click the 2. Print Options and Account Selection button at the bottom of the page.
6. On the options page, type the number of copies you wish to print and press 3. Upload Document near the bottom right.
7. The final screen allows you to upload your document. Click Browse to locate the document on your computer. After selecting your file, verify that the file name listed is the document you wish to print.
8. Once you have verified your file, click Upload & Complete at the bottom right.
9. You will be returned to the initial Web Print screen, where you can see the status of your print. *NOTE: All jobs are automatically HELD until you release them.
10. Click "Jobs Pending Release" in the left-hand column of the screen.
11.Click "Release All" to release all prints that are currently held in your queue.
12. Pick up your print-out at the selected printer.
Printing without using your Browser
Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8)
- Download the PaperCut installation file to the user's computer using this link.
- Un-zip the PaperCut file and double-click client-local-install.exe. You only have to install this file once.
- Enter your 4x4 and password when asked.
- To find the printer, make sure the computer is connected to the OUWifi network and open \\it-baskin.ou.edu using the Run dialog (type SOONER\4x4 and your password when asked, and the easiest way to get to Run dialog on Windows 8 is to search for it because it will not be in the new default start menu).
- In the list, find the desired printer. Printer names are listed on each printer.
- Right-click the desired printer and click Connect. Allow the computer to install any drivers if prompted.
- The printer will appear in the list of available printers in the normal Print dialog box.