Due to the increasing demand for digital content in course curriculum, a solution that enables our students and faculty to create, store, and distribute video content enhances the academic experience. MyMedia enhances lecture capture and live streaming, while also providing a framework for ADA/508 compliance.
- Go to mymedia.ou.edu. The recommended browser for MyMedia is Mozilla Firefox which is available for free download at www.mozilla.org.
- Click on the "LOGIN" tab on the top right-hand side.
- A dropdown menu will appear. In the dropdown menu select the last option titled "Login".
- Enter your OUNetID (4+4) and password to reach your MyMedia page.
The main menu offers quick access to public files uploaded to MyMedia. This content is sorted by college, course, and department. The main menu also has links to help articles and additional support.
- Home-This is the first link on the main menu ribbon. It will take you to the MyMedia homepage which includes featured videos, new content, and most viewed content.
- Academics-This tab offers access to media organized by college.
- Colleges Included
- College of Architecture
- College of Arts and Sciences
- College of Atmospheric & Geographic Sciences
- College of Engineering
- College of International Studies
- College of Law
- College of Liberal Studies
- Gaylord College of Journalism & Mass Communication
- Graduate College
- Honors College
- Jeannine Rainbolt College of Education
- Mewbourne College of Earth and Energy
- Price College of Business
- University College
- Weitzenhoffer Family College of Fine Ar
- Colleges Included
- Featured Courses - This tab shows materials from some courses in OU that can be completely taken online every session. Some of these courses are:
- American Federal Government 1113
- US History
- Libraries - This tab features new content published by OU Libraries. This can include anything from research tips to general library information. Currently, the content displayed here is divided into three topics:
- Beyond OUr Walls
- Education Resources
- Open Education
- OU Wellness - This tab features content created by or related to OU Wellness. These resources allow OU faculty and staff the ability to choose their own way by focusing on the goals that are most important to them. This tab shows a variety of videos whose topics vary from Goal Setting to Coaching and Health.
- Channels - Under this tab, you can find public channels. You can think of these as some sort of playlist, and create your own.
- Help Articles-Clicking on “Help Articles” will direct you to the OU IT Knowledgebase. Here you can find articles to help you navigate academic sites and spaces managed by OU IT.
To access all of the MyMedia articles, look for the MyMedia topic in the left-hand bar. You can also use the search bar to look for specific information.
- Request Support-request support will direct you to the OU IT Service Desk page for MyMedis. To request support, scroll down and click on the Support tab. Then, click on CONTACT US.
- The support request form will be prompted. It is important to fill out this form in its entirety in order to receive support as quickly and efficiently as possible. It looks like this: