Upon logging in to https://www.office.com/ with your OU e-mail address and password, one will see an option to install Office on your computer.
Mac OS X Installation (Office 2016 for Mac):
- To download the Office 2016 Suite, log into Office 365 through the link above.
- On the middle of the page, one should see "On a PC or Mac: Install". Click the Install link to go to the suite download page.
- Next click the Install button.
- Click to Save File locally.
- Once the installed downloads, navigate to your Downloads folder and click the installer file.
- On the Welcome page, click Continue.
- If you agree to the license terms, click Continue then Agree.
- Verify you have enough space for installation, then click Install.
- If you have any open Office applications, click the Close Applications and Install button.
- If prompted for you administrator password, enter it and then click Install Software.
- Office 2016 for Mac will now install.
- Once complete, click Close.
- You may now open your Office 2016 suite for Mac. Note that Word 2016 may open automatically to prompt you to set up your Office suite. If it does, click Get Started and then Sign In.
- Enter your OU e-mail address and click Next.
- Then enter your OUNet password and click Sign in. The Suite will now verify the OU license and then activate.
- Choose your Office theme and then click Continue.
- Finally click Start Using Word. Office should now be fully configured for your account.
- If you need to set up your Office 365 mail account, please following the instructions here for 2011 and here for 2016.
Additional install information can be found here: