- See who else is viewing or editing a file.
- Check if there's a more recent version, and update with just a click.
- Generate a link to share the document, without ever leaving the application.
This badge can be moved wherever you need it along the border of your file. The badge currently supports Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel, on Mac and Windows devices. For Windows, it supports 2007, 2010, and 2013 Office files. For Mac, it supports 2011 Office files.
More information on this service is available here: https://www.dropbox.com/help/7672
Disabling the BadgeIf you wish to disable the Dropbox badge, please do the following:
- Click the Dropbox icon in your system tray.
- Click on the gear icon, and select Preferences.
From there, you can choose if you'd always like to see the Dropbox badge, only when others are viewing a file with you, or never. To completely disable the Dropbox badge, select "Never Shown" from the drop-down menu.