- Prior to your migration:
- Please remove any delegate access to or from your Exchange account. Click here for Outlook 2013 instructions and here for Outlook 2011/2016 instructions.
- If you have an OU mail forward set on your account at http://account.ou.edu. Please cancel this forward by logging into the OU Account page and unchecking the Forward box. When done, hit the Save Changes button. You will re-set you forward after your account has been migrated, this process is explained below.
- If you Archived any of your folders to a .pst file, please note the folder location where the file has been stored.
- On the day of your migration:
- Please Remove the Exchange account from all of your devices. For more information, please see the links below about account removal and setup for your specific device.
- Update any Mail or Outlook client on your devices. This includes running any available system updates on your personal phone, tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
- To confirm you have the latest version of Office installed, check here for the latest listed Office 2013 or 365 version. There is no current version listing page for Office for Mac, so please run the Microsoft AutoUpdate as explained above.
- After migration is complete:
- Connect to the Ethernet network for best experience.
- Please add the Exchange account using your OU email / password. See the information below for instructions on how to setup your exchange account in Outlook.
- Allow time for all of your mailboxes to download from the server.
- Go to account settings and re-add delegate access to / from your account.
- If you had set an e-mail forward on your account, you may now re-set it. Please follow the instructions here to set your forward.
Setup Office 365 and Mail on your device (instructions also include account removal information):
Setup Exchange account in Outlook:
Outlook Setup - Windows
Outlook Setup - Mac
Please note that you will only be able to add accounts that have also been completely moved over to Exchange online
If you need further assistance please call 325-HELP (4357) during normal business hours, or email firstname.lastname@example.org at any time.