Some users may later experience an issue where their Outlook for Windows will stop updating with the server. This will prevent Outlook from downloading new information and content. This may occur due to a caching issue. In these circumstances, one may need to disable caching to resolve the issue.
To disabled caching, please do the following:
Outlook 2013/2016 for Windows
- Click on the File tab.
- Click the Account Settings button, then select Account Settings.
- On the E-mail tab, click the Change option.
- Uncheck the box for "Use Cached Exchange Mode" then click the Next button.
- You will receive an alert prompt to state the change will take affect the next time you restart Outlook. Click OK then exit your Outlook.
- Reopen Outlook and your client should once again start downloading your missing content.