This guide documents how to use the lecture capture in N202. Follow the steps below to get started.
1. The panel will be off when you enter the room. Tap the "On" button to power on the system. The system will take about 30 seconds to boot. During this time, the projector in the room will also power on.
2. The home screen will display. From here, you can connect your computer for presentation, document feeder, and DVD/Blu-ray playback. Let's start by connecting our personal computer. Locate the input to the left of the panel.
3. In N202, you will have VGA, HDMI, and Mini DisplayPort connectivity as an option. You only need to plug in the audio jack if you are using VGA to connect your computer. Your screen should now connect with the projectors in the classroom. You toggle between your personal computer, document feeder and Blu-ray by using the main control panel. Note that due to copyright, lecture capture will not record DVD/Blu-ray content.
Document camera and on screen controls.
4. There is no need for a lapel microphone. N202 has several microphones installed at the front of the class. Audio will be picked up automatically.
5. The last step is to position the camera. Lecture captures are scheduled to record. You can view your camera feed by selecting "confidence monitor on." Note that lecture capture will record regardless if confidence is on. You can zoom and direct the camera from the panel. Note that this will not affect your other feeds from your computer or document camera.
The left tv monitor at the back of the room will display your camera feed. The right tv monitor will display your document camera or device screen. The camera is located in the center.
6. When finished, select "Off" to power down the lecture capture system.