If your OU mail account has been migrated to the new Office 365 email, Exchange Online, any currently set forward may no longer work. Because of the way Office 365 handles these mailboxes, the e-mail forward set on http://account.ou.edu will have no effect. To set a forward, please cancel the forward set on http://account.ou.edu and follow the instructions below to configure your new forward.
Setup an E-mail Forward in Office 365
- To begin, log in to https://www.office.com/
- Now click on the Mail app.
- Click on the Gear icon in the upper right corner next to the question mark (?). Select Options.
- Under Mail > Accounts on the left hand menu, select Forwarding.
- Click the Start Forwarding option.
- Enter your e-mail address forward. If you would like to retain a copy, please also select the option to "Keep a copy of forwarded messages".
- Once you have finished configuring your forward, click the Save button at the top of the Forwarding page.
- Any new mail which comes in should be automatically forwarded to the account you have specified.
Please note if you forward your OU email address to another email address (e.g., @gmail.com, @yahoo.com), you do so at your own risk. We can not guarantee successful email delivery to outside email addresses.